Salary: £10.55-£12.79 per hour, depending on experience
Halcyon Health & Social Care are recruiting for a fantastic opportunity for a Therapeutic Support Worker to work within a residential home for children and young adults with mental health issues including psychological, social, and emotional behavioural disorders.
The service has an outstanding reputation for supporting children with histories of placement instability and disrupted educational / psychosocial development. You will play an active role in helping vulnerable children overcome significant challenges in establishing and maintaining relationships, particularly with care givers.
Our client puts emphasis on finding the right kind of person, rather than what someone has done historically – We are looking for like-minded, dedicated, caring individuals that share the same passion and vision for helping vulnerable children to work towards emotional stability and to develop to their full potential.
We are now recruiting for a Therapeutic Support Worker on a full-time, permanent basis
39 hours a week, day shifts, offering between £21,456 (£10.55 an hour) to £26,000 (£12.79 an hour) depending on experience
What our client is offering in return:
· The opportunity to study towards your QCF level 3, alongside fantastic career progression within a sector leading organization.
· Generous Holiday Entitlement
· Shopping, Cinema, Retail, Childcare and Holiday discounts
· Subsidised days out and activities with our young people
· A contributory pension scheme.
· Cycle to Work scheme.
· A free 24-hour employee assistance telephone helpline which is available to support employees and their families with personal, work, or financial issues.
· Discounted health care – the ability to claim back an annual cost of everyday healthcare, such as dental, optical treatment and specialist treatments.
· Award winning training.
As a Therapeutic Support Worker your duties will include:
· To be able to acknowledge the abuse the young people have suffered and to be able to see the young person beyond their presenting behaviour.
· Day to day parenting responsibilities, as well as cooking, cleaning, shopping trips, planning daily activities, and supporting with schoolwork.
· To work towards the effective delivery of a homely, nurturing, and safe environment in which the children and young people can learn self-confidence and self-esteem.
· Updating risk assessments and reviewing support plans.
· Encouraging personal development through various sessions and working in partnership with a multi-disciplinary team to ensure a holistic approach to individual development.
· To serve as a positive role model to all staff in demonstrating good and consistent childcare practice.
· To actively support the management of the service in achieving and maintaining an outstanding Ofsted rating and in the continual development of the service.
What we are looking for in a Therapeutic Support Worker:
· Experience of working with young people in a residential care setting.
· Able to engage appropriately with young people and develop rapport.
· Able to recognise conflict and challenging behaviour and situations with young people.
· Ability to understand and work effectively with complex cases.
· Ability to assume responsibility for the operation of the unit/home as required.
· Please note that it is essential to have access to transport for this role as the position involves occasionally travelling to various locations to take young people to appointments, training school etc.
So, if you are looking to join an organisation like Halcyon and/or would like assistance in finding your next permanent job then Apply now!
Salary: £10.55-£12.79 per hour
- Casual dress
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Sick pay
- Day shift
Reference ID: TCSW